Saturday, July 2, 2011

Patricia Nell Warren - My West at the Autry National Center

Inspired by the mission of Out West, Patricia Nell Warren assembled forty years of articles, essays, editorials and blogs to create My West, her terrific anthology of which I wrote in the foreword, "A masterwork by one of our most gifted storytellers, Warren's deeply evocative stories will transport even the most dug-in urban reader to the heartland that is the American West!" - Gregory Hinton






" I'm doing another anthology called My West -- a collection of short pieces about the American West that I've written over the course of 50 years. It covers quite a number of subjects, from rural to urban to religion to politics to ethnicity, and of course sexual orientation. In fact, I was inspired to leap into this project by The Autry National Center of the American West when they accepted the two Brokeback Mountain cowboy shirts into their collection of clothes worn in great Western films. Our stubborn survival in a "red state" region is a subject whose time has come. "-- Patricia Nell Warren








No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Followers